In commemoration of the International Women’s Day (IWD) and Tenth Anniversary of Beijing Declaration, MEWATA revived breast cancer awareness and screening campaign for women, such that three areas have also been covered:
1) Dar es Salaam region in March 2005
2) Mwanza region in September 2005.
3) Mbeya region in November 2006
The programme is structured in three main phases:
1) Phase 1 – Mass Screening of women
2) Phase 2 – Special Clinics – Clinical Investigations and Diagnosis
3) Phase 3 – Treatment (Surgical and Chemotherapy/Hormonal therapy and Radiation therapy)
The programme was mainly implemented by Tanzanian women medical doctors and dental practitioners who are members of the association. Other health professionals that included nurses and male medical doctors were also incorporated in the team. Close partnership of MEWATA and a private media company ITV/Radio-One made the mass media campaign quite successful.
- MEWATA UPDATES ON CERVICAL CANCER INTERVENTIONS IN MWANZA REGION BETWEEN 2014 AND 2016
- 17th MEWATA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOVEMBER 2016
- 15th MEWATA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOVEMBER 2015
- 65th session of WHO Regional Committee for Africa, in N'Djamena, Republic of Chad, 31 August- 4 Sept 2015
- Kahama Breast and Cervical cancer screening campaign