1993/1994 Safe Motherhood Initiative
Maternal mortality has been very high in the country since the 90s. In recognition of that MEWATA conducted a Safe Motherhood Initiative program to address the issue of Maternal Mortality by training female doctors wherever they on good practices in reproductive health as the associations contribution to lowering maternal mortality in Tanzania.
HIV/AIDS Forum for Women Professionals 2005
The discussion forum on Women and HIV/AIDS was organized by Medical Women Association of Tanzania (MEWATA) as part of commemorating the 2005 International Women’s day. The forum was financially supported by Tanzania AIDS Commission (TACAIDS). Several key stakeholders working on HIV/AIDS were invited and actively participated in the discussion and coming up with resolutions. Participating organizations included MEWATA, TACAIDS, TAWLA, TAMWA, UNFPA, TGNP, PASADA, AYA, UMATI and MUHIMBILI NATIONAL HOSPITAL. Others were ACTION AID, UNAIDS, TNW+, OXFAM, TPDF, AMREF, ITV/RADIO ONE, CLOUDS FM and TANOPHA.
The forum was well facilitated by two facilitators namely Dr Fatma Mrisho, a former Regional UNFPA technical adviser in Reproduction Health (RH) and Ms. Mary Rusimbi, the Executive Director of TGNP.
- Next >>
- MEWATA UPDATES ON CERVICAL CANCER INTERVENTIONS IN MWANZA REGION BETWEEN 2014 AND 2016
- 17th MEWATA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOVEMBER 2016
- 15th MEWATA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOVEMBER 2015
- 65th session of WHO Regional Committee for Africa, in N'Djamena, Republic of Chad, 31 August- 4 Sept 2015
- Kahama Breast and Cervical cancer screening campaign