- Increase awareness among the Ministry of Health, private health care providers, provider training institutions, NGOs and organizations promoting maternal and child health, reproductive health and family planning, and adolescent health at the national, district and community level of the benefits of HTSP and the key HTSP messages.
- Advocate for the integration of HTSP messages into health policies, guidelines, protocols and training curricula/activities.
The following are suggested as activities that MEWATA can implement to achieve the objectives of the scope of work:
- Liaise with the global secretariat to coordinate HTSP roll-out activities at the national level.
- Disseminate HTSP messages at the national, district and community level; incorporate HTSP into policies, programs and services through conferences, meetings and other fora.
- Work with key personnel from the MOH and medical education institutions to develop a plan to operationalize HTSP information and messages into pre and in service curricula and training guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a local network of institutions and organizations interested in promoting HTSP and share information about HTSP through the network using appropriate communication channels, such as a webpage, list serve, newsletter, etc.
- Convene regular meetings of network members to share, coordinate and document network members’ activities as well as to identify needed support for effective implementation and operationalization of HTSP messages, especially in MOH policies, guidelines, protocols and training activities.
- Develop and/or adapt HTSP related tools and materials in consultation with the Global Secretariat.
- Work with local media outlets (e.g. TV, radio) to promote HTSP information and messages, in collaboration with the Global Secretariat.
- MEWATA UPDATES ON CERVICAL CANCER INTERVENTIONS IN MWANZA REGION BETWEEN 2014 AND 2016
- 17th MEWATA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOVEMBER 2016
- 15th MEWATA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOVEMBER 2015
- 65th session of WHO Regional Committee for Africa, in N'Djamena, Republic of Chad, 31 August- 4 Sept 2015
- Kahama Breast and Cervical cancer screening campaign