MEWATA has four categories of membership:
- Ordinary Membership - It compromises of all registered to practice women medical and dental doctors by the Tanganyika Medical Council, regardless of citizenship, nationality or creed.
- Associate Membership - It consists of intern women medical and dental doctors; assistant medical & dental officers; women professionals of allied health/medical sciences and non-medical women professionals.
- Honorary Membership - It comprises of individuals who in the opinion of the Executive Committee merit and have been confirmed by the Annual General Assembly.
- Student Membership - It accounts for all women students studying at the medical/dental faculty of any recognizable University of College.
- MEWATA UPDATES ON CERVICAL CANCER INTERVENTIONS IN MWANZA REGION BETWEEN 2014 AND 2016
- 17th MEWATA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOVEMBER 2016
- 15th MEWATA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOVEMBER 2015
- 65th session of WHO Regional Committee for Africa, in N'Djamena, Republic of Chad, 31 August- 4 Sept 2015
- Kahama Breast and Cervical cancer screening campaign