Breast Self Exam (BSE) - simple 5 Steps
Look at your breasts in the mirror with your shoulders straight and your arms on your hips. Look for --usual size, shape, and color --evenly shaped breast without visible distortion or swelling.
Step 2 and 3
Raise your arms and look for changes.
You can squeeze each nipple between your finger and thumb and check for discharge (this could be a milky or yellow fluid or blood)
Feel your breasts while lying down, using your right hand to feel your left breast and then your left hand to feel your right breast.- Cover the entire
breast from top to bottom, side to side.
Feel your breasts while you are standing or sitting. Cover your entire breast, using the same movements described in Step 4
For more information on Breast Self Exam download Kiswahili version of the BSE bronchure
- MEWATA UPDATES ON CERVICAL CANCER INTERVENTIONS IN MWANZA REGION BETWEEN 2014 AND 2016
- 17th MEWATA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOVEMBER 2016
- 15th MEWATA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOVEMBER 2015
- 65th session of WHO Regional Committee for Africa, in N'Djamena, Republic of Chad, 31 August- 4 Sept 2015
- Kahama Breast and Cervical cancer screening campaign